How To Clock PDU’s By Attending Project Management Related Courses
Project Management Institute (PMI®) encourages its members to continue their professional development by accumulating Professional Development Units (PDUs) via continuing education like training classes, organization meetings, reading books, creating content, volunteering and so forth.
For full details on PDU requirements, look up the Continuing Certification Requirements Handbook (CCR).
Courses Or Training
Participating in educational training courses is a traditional and effective way to learn. There are many outlets for these activities offered by PMI and third-party providers across the globe.
To claim PDUs for attending a training class, you can report 7 PDUs for each day of training. Example: A 2 day Certified Scrum Master (CSM) class can earn you 14 PDUs.
- Login to your PMI account
- Select Report PDUs
- Select Course or Training Option
- For Provider: Type <Provider’s Name> – Do not select an option from the dropdown
- For Course: Type Certified ScrumMaster – Do not select an option from the dropdown
- For other classes, just replace the field with your course name etc…
- Enter the start and end dates of the class
- For url: <Optional) You can leave it blank
- For contact email: <Optional) You can leave it blank
- For PDUs claimed: Split the hours evenly between technical, leadership and strategic
- Enable the Agree checkbox
Documentation required for audit: Registration form, certificate of completion or letter of attendance.
Click image for detailed steps in video
If you have any issues claiming your PDUs, please contact for assistance.
“PMI” and “PMP” are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.