Many people know the term RACI means.
However, in my opinion, many people are using this term very loosely.
They have mixed up some of the term actual meaning.
RACI is actually the acronym for Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed.
Below is the meaning and the difference.
- Responsible – Those who do the work to achieve the task.
- Accountable – The one ultimately answerable for the correct and thorough completion of the deliverable or task, and the one who delegates the work to those responsible.
- Consulted – Those whose opinions are sought, typically subject matter experts
- Informed – Those who are kept up-to-date on progress
- Responsible and Accountable are very thin line.
- Many people fall into the trap and have mixed up very often.
- Responsible is the do-er.
- Somebody who do the task and be responsible for the product/ service created.
- Accountable is to ensure the do-er completes the task on time, promptly.
- He may not be responsible for the completed task.
- The task is developed by the person who is responsible.